Day 11 #inspiredyogis
Super Soldier pose
Listen to your body and do the best you can. This is a relatively “new” pose - here’s brief run down on getting into it.
1. Start in medium-wide legged forward fold.
2. Reach your left hand through your legs and up towards your hip as if to reach around for wrap.
3. With a shift in weight to the left leg - lift your right leg with bent knee as if to reach the right foot to the left hand that is reaching through and up between your legs.
4. Left hand grabs your right toes as to bring the right knee as vertical as possible.
5. Right hand is flat or on fingertips for balance.
6. Work to straighten standing left leg. Bent right knee vertical and torso continues to twist through.
This amazing asana was named by the extraordinary @nightmaretales - it’s become one of his signature poses. - I hope he inspired you as much as he does me.
#InspiredYogis App of the Week -
PixlrExpress+ (available for both iOS and Droid)
Ok - I’m the first to admit I LOVE Snapseed and still use it for many of my photos. HOWEVER, some apps offer features not found on Snapseed or offer better controls with features found on both. For example my Day 4 lolasana was done with PixlrExpress’ overlay option. Also, the edit for Dee’s Day 10 was also done using PixlrExpress’ “creative” effect.
For this photo, I used Snapseed to clean it up first, then PixlrExpress to add the burst overlay with the “Ingrid”-Subtle Effect.
Thank you for playing with us this month! - Your creativity and willingness to try these apps, our tips and maybe a new asana brings us so much delight and inspiration. XOXO! #yogilovebombs @gordonogden @monkeymix Check @patbailey for Day 12 ❤️💣❤️🙏 (at #inspiredyogis Day 11)